International Workshop "The Transition to Innovation-based Growth".
On April 8, 2011 the HSE Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge has organized an international workshop entitled "The transition to innovation-based growth".
The workshop contributed to the formulation of new propositions on the actual problems of the Russian Socio-Economic Strategy till 2020. This process launched by the Government of the Russian Federation is aiming at the elaboration of the post-crisis policies and new models of economic growth. According to the project design, involvement of leading foreign experts and analysis of best international practices is of particular importance.
The issues put forward for a discussion were the following:
• Innovation in post-crisis model of growth
• Post-crisis innovation policy best practices and opportunities for their implementation in Russia
• Problems of R&D and innovation development in Russia
• Technological and social challenges and the innovation mentality
• Efficient implementation of innovation policy in context of tight budget constraints.Presentations were made by renowned international experts, representatives of the HSE Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge, Russian Venture Company and other organizations.
Workshop Program: Expert workshop_8 April 2011_Engl_23-03-2011_NIU.pdf